Morning Muster Granola


Sorry about the upside down picture--I will tell you more about that in a second.

Granola. This post started out to be about granola, in all its delectable crunch, toasted nuttiness and just barely enough honey and real maple syrup for my sweet satisfaction.
First here is the recipe that I have mutated from so many others I wouldn't even know where to begin. One of the most delicious ingredients is the salt, giving it a perfect shake of savory. This is a MUST TRY! Even though it is high fat, it is healthy fat to infuse you with energy for your morning muster. Just keep your serving to one-half cup and enjoy!

MORNING MUSTER GRANOLA

6 cups oats
1 cup walnuts barely chopped
1 cup almonds barely chopped
½ olive oil
½ c real maple syrup
½ c honey
2 t sea salt
2 t nutmeg
1 T cinnamon
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and spread on a cookie sheet. (I used two large ones.) Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool, then store for up to 2 weeks at room temperature. Makes 9-10 cups.
½ c serving:
Calories 230
Fat 13 grams (good fat)
Choles. 0
Carbs 24 g
Sugar 6 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 6 g


THE REST OF THE STORY

OK, so I got the formalities of granola out of the way. Now for the informalities or the rest of the story. I'm not very good with the camera to begin with, but how hard is taking a picture of granola? Do I need to hire an enterage to clean my kitchen, iron my linens, sparkle the silver and china, then someone else to snap the photo?

First after looking at a few sites with beautiful close up food pictures, I decided to get out my new dishes I bought at Costco. So gorgeous they practically drive me to screaming. I poured a bowl full of granola and took the picture, but all I could see was the pattern of romantic black flowers on the dish. So I re-poured the granola, making a preschool-type mess, into a glass jar.

Then I had to conceal the crumbs and whatever else under a tablecloth. I snapped a couple of pictures, picked up the jar and it slipped out of my hand. CRASH! My heart was broken to bits along with one of my beautiful dishes that I had covered with the tablecloth! AAAH!

So that is why I am not going to do one lousy thing about the upside down picture of granola. No wonder Martha Stewart employees so much talent! And she smiles.

But then, after 35 minutes of letting the experience settle in my cells a little bit, I am smiling too. After all, why not?
Love to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment